AddThis Social Bookmark Button Add to Google Reader or Homepage
Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, July 2, 2007

Plot Thickens

Well I guess I will report that there isn't much of a change to the leg/ankle right now. I've been getting around pretty well with my boot, but I will still be using crutches for another month or so. That is if the crutches make it. I have left chunks of the rubber feet around my apartment and the streets. I have ordered new feet online but it seems like every place I go to order from is sold out.

Also, acupuncture has also been going well. I have a cream and a liquid that the acupuncturist gave me I apply to my leg that is supposed to help reduce swelling and dissipate the bruising. He also gave me the most horrible tasting Chinese herbs to take. After some discussion with him he's going to encapsulate them for me so I can take it in a pill form. Phew.

But that isn't the big story at the moment is not my ankle. It's work. I know I've mentioned before work's been a little harry for the past couple months. We've been busy but we haven't had any new work come in. So with people getting laid off, people breaking ankles, people getting rehired it's been quite a mess recently. Well one of the guys we regretfully laid off has found himself a new job. I am very excited for him and glad that he has been able to find work. So I've been mainly working from home providing support to my other guy in the field, learning engineering software, and doing other office work that I can. Well..... Here is where the plot thickens. Due to obvious uncertainties in the company my remaining guy has decided that he needs certainty for him and his family. He put his two weeks last Friday. So that leaves it to my boss and I.

So how is this going to work? I can't walk and really work in the field and my boss has been really out of the field work for about the last 2 years (it's been my job). So we think we have an idea. In, what I think is Disney Pixar's best movie ever and probably the best movie this summer, Ratatouille. Remy the rat hides under Linguini's hat and by pulling his hair in different directions gets Linguini to do what he commands. It may be our only option for the time being.

At least for right now I've been able to work. I have yet to figure out if I am allowed to work and supplement my disability income or if I am screwing myself. I got a whole 'nother set of papers to fill out. I have started to see the insurance claims come into my insurance company though. They haven't all been processed but anybody want to guess what the total billed to the insurance company is up to so far?

Well, I am off to figure out how I can carry my bags when I head to the airport on Thursday.

Have a happy and safe 4th.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Perhaps you should hire me as a 'consultant' and i'll help out for the winter months.. cause winter in Rochester SUCKS!!