AddThis Social Bookmark Button Add to Google Reader or Homepage
Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Vacation to Jersey

So I guess it has been a little bit since I've posted. Sorry if you feel neglected. Between work and
vacation I've kept pretty busy. I know I know... You're thinking "Vacation?!? He's hardly even working why does he get vacation" Well basically I figured since I'm not working I should just take one.

So on July 4th I went to a BBQ at the Boss's house. Got asked the same questions about a dozen times about the leg. But we had good food and went to some pretty craptastic fire works in South Miami. Probably some of the worst ones I've ever seen.

The next day I flew to Jersey. This was a bit interesting. I typically travel with a backpack and a small duffel but I don't think this would work too well with crutches. But I was able to get everything I needed in one backpack. I don't know how exactly but.... I did. I ended up driving to the airport and crutched to the ticket counter to ask for a wheelchair. So this wasn't a bad gig. They wheeled me right to the front of the line put my bag and crutches on the x-ray machine (I should have had them put me through so I could see my post op x-ray pictures) and wheeled me to the pat down area. I think the guy owes me a drink or something, geesh. But it was sure nice to skip the line. Also first on the plane too bad I wasn't in first class but bulkhead seat will do.

The weekend was good. Got to see the rents, hang out with Rachel and Marc, and my grandmother was also in town. Oh and we can't forget the puppy Jayda. Rachel, Marc and I went to the movies a couple times. We saw Ratatouille and Live Free or Die Hard again and saw Transformers. All of them are totally awesome movies!!! If you haven't see them yet you must!

I also got primped and pampered. Well.. sorta. I got my hair cut, a massage and my eye brows waxed. So yes... now I have two eye brows. And I do still happen to go home to get my hair cut. I just haven't found a place here in Miami that cuts my hair the way I like. I've tried a couple times but it just doesn't work out. So all in all the weekend was pretty good. Got to see pretty much everybody and hang out and pretty much do nothing. It was kinda nice.

The return trip wasn't too much different then going there. Except for the fact we pushed back from the gate on time and taxied out to the runway at which point we just sat there. You know it isn't a good thing when captain comes on and says he's shutting the engines off because we are going to be a while. So after about 2 hours of trying to find a new flight path around the storms we were cleared. Finally! So basically we spent 6 hours on a plane instead of 3.

The one bad thing about going home was I miss my first kickball game. Not that I am signed up to play but I figured I could be a good cheerleader or something like that. But my team won!! Congrats Brickell Slap and Tickle!

Well this week has been pretty busy. With our only tech quitting on Friday and starting on Monday it's just going to be my boss and me things have been a bit nutty. I've spent quite a bit of time working on some engineering work but also making as much stuff is completed prior to him leaving. So yeah.. next week will be interesting to say the least. Yeah.. I'll let you know.

Not too much to report on the ankle. I definitely have a lot more flexibility and the bruising has gone down considerably. So we'll see what the doc has to say in a couple weeks.

No comments: