AddThis Social Bookmark Button Add to Google Reader or Homepage
Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

ER

So I make it to the ER probably about 20-30min after the fall. That's when the waiting begins. I started texting people to let them know my status. I was able to get in touch with Jacqueline and she decided that due to me moving her TWICE in 6 months she would come down and keep me company while being my hospital/parental liaison. That way I could stay drugged up and not have to handle finding doctors and what not.

So it took me about 1.5 hours from the time I was admitted to the ER until I got out of the damn backboard/neck collar. Then about another hour later until I got some vicodin, now we're talking!!

So now we got the first set of 3 xrays done of the ankle. The xray tech came back with the portable unit to take one more of my tib/fib. He said he was worried about something he saw and wanted I picture a bit higher up the leg. This whole process only took about 30min. But took another hour for the ER doc to check it out. He comes back and says he ordered another set of tib/fib and ankle on the regular xray machine instead of the portable.

At this point it is about midnight. My boss and his wife showed up to say hello. I think she laughed at me. But she figured I would have done this snowboarding last year. Oh well.

Back off to xray. See below. In the first on you can see at the red arrow where the tibia is about 1" away from where it should be.


In this one you can see the fibula fracture at the top. And a very small bone piece or something at the bottom.


So after researching with Marc's dad, the web, and other people we found a really good orthopedic surgeon. We notified the ER doc and after waiting a couple more hours for my leg to be splinted and wrapped, prescriptions, discharge papers to leave AMR, and a copy of my xrays I was finally out the door. Jacqueline took me home by about 3:15am. Because she is such a good friend she dropped me off and got me settled she went back out to go home, shower, take care of her dog, and get my prescriptions filled. Now at 24hrs of no sleep she showed up back at my place to lay down on the couch just to answer the phone from my dad to discuss finding a doc.

No comments: