AddThis Social Bookmark Button Add to Google Reader or Homepage
Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

First Post - The hurtness

Well this is my first ever blog. Never really done this before. But I figure it would be fun to share my life with you for the next couple months. Why you ask would you be interested in my life for the next couple months.... Well if you know me, you know I love to do extreme sports like rock climbing, mountain biking, snowboarding and the sorts. Although not an extreme sport but kickball should also be listed. Yesterday, a day like any other, Bob (from Kickball) and I decided to move our Tuesday night urban ride to Monday. Cause Tuesday was to be the Pairs Hilton Goes to Jail theme party.

So the ride begins. Again, it was like any other. We started heading towards the Grove to check out the sights. Plus there were some stairs and gaps I wanted to jump. The ride was really going well, felt great on the bike and all. Turned back toward home, we are about 5 min into the ride back. Decided to manual off a curb and I guess I pulled back a little too much. I tried to hit the breaks to catch me.... too late. So I put my left foot down to brace myself.

SNAP!!! (I knew something is not good at this point)

I looked down and saw my left ankle turned 90 degrees to the outside. Bob looked back and asked if I was alright.

Me, "no, I just broke my ankle." As I crawled military style back to the curb.
He totally thought I was joking until he saw me crawling and then saw my foot. He asks, "What do you want me to do?"
Very simply I responded with, "uhhh... call 911"

A whole bunch of strangers stopped and asked if I was alright. I think most people thought I was hit by a car. So thank you to everybody that stopped to see if I was ok. So the ambulance shows up and they started their thing, ABCs, prepping me for transport, etc. I had Bob call my parents in NJ, and my Boss. He asked if there was anything else he could do. I said "take pictures." So here they are! (Notice the fact that both of my shins and knees are facing the right way. But my left ankle, not so much)



So off to the hospital I go. w00t!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It doesn't look that painful, you girl.