AddThis Social Bookmark Button Add to Google Reader or Homepage
Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, June 10, 2007

It's the night before

Well I figured I'd post about the last few days. It's been pretty uneventful. I haven't taken any percocet in 3 days now. Figured I'd save it up for next week when the pain is 10x worse. I've been warned that after the surgery when I go to stand up my leg will feel like its on fire. Sounds exciting.

Mom's been in the kitchen stocking and prepping meals for me so it's easier to eat healthy while I hop around the house. See.... Prior to breaking my ankle I have been really good about my eating, exercising, and overall staying healthy. I mean in the past month I've put over 200 miles on my bike, plus probably another 30 in my spinning classes. I've lost about 23lbs and overall feel great. So when I broke my ankle not only was I pissed about not being able to ride, or even walk for a while but I really didn't want to gain back the weight I've lost.

Well, last night we went out to dinner with my boss and his wife (Alex and Lourdes). Went to Ortanique on the Mile. It was a delicious Caribbean fusion type place that Lourdes picked. Good food, good conversation, and good company. So thank you again to Alex and Lourdes for everything.

Today... You never would have guessed it but I spent basically the entire day on the couch. Just kept the leg elevated as much as possible. My toes are so black and blue, I can only imagine what my ankle looks like under the splint. Can't wait to see tomorrow.

*edit* (added at 11:40p 6/10/07)
So I figured I wasn't really tired yet and I hadn't posted or even taken any pictures of my leg since the ER wrapped it up. So here are the pics of the toes and compared to my good foot and a picture of my leg. (Please excuse the gross toes but this is all in the name of science, or something like that)








We ended the day pretty well. Mom and I had dinner with Rev. Jacqueline and her niece Dr. Ivy at Maroosh Mediterranean Restaurant also in the Gables. We all had a good time and shared some great stories. I believe some of the stories most people would say are probably not common dinner conversation. You know... stuff like throwing horse placenta into the bay, people with their eyes popping out, giving births to cows and horses. But who says we are common? Good times, good times. So again thank you Jacqueline for everything.

Well it's about 11pm now, can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight and I have to get up early so maybe I'll call it a night. Mom's picking me up at 5:30a. Surgery is scheduled for 7:30a. I will be spending the night in the hospital so I won't post again until Tuesday maybe Wednesday depending how I am feeling. I am going to try to ask the doctor for pictures of the surgery, but we'll see.

So take care and thank you all for your support and best wishes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! In the future, please refer to me as "my boss and his LOVELY wife Lourdes". I hope all is going well this morning.

Anonymous said...

Hope everything went well.
Manda (and JR)