AddThis Social Bookmark Button Add to Google Reader or Homepage
Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, June 7, 2007

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz

I crutched across the street last night for dinner. We went to The Oceanair. New seafood place that opened up. Luckily they have booth seating so I could prop my leg up and a coat check for my crutches.

A couple weeks ago I had dinner at the Oceanair, just sat at the bar by myself. I have kinda gotten to know one of the bartenders (he used to tend at PF Changs). That night he was telling me that he's been out for a couple weeks cause is twisted his ankle pretty badly. We swapped stories, I told him about the two times and the 4 month of PT for my right ankle. Well last night on my way out of the restaurant I stopped over at the bar, he just looked at me and laughed. I guess I win. Dinner was good... but it's back to the couch. Got to get the leg up.

This morning I was awoken by mom calling my cell phone. I was asleep all nice and peaceful in bed. But I can't complain she's helping me out quite a bit. So I figured I would make my way to the couch. Time for meds. I am only taking one percocet at this point. The pain (for now) is pretty bearable. I can't exactly tell how swollen my ankle is, cause it is still wrapped up in the splint.

Mom came by (she's staying at a hotel) and made some breakfast as I continued to elevate my leg. That is basically my job for now.

So off to the hospital for a 1pm appointment for registration/pre-op blood tests. We got there at 12:45 and waited about 2hrs until we met with the first person for registration. Another hour
later until we met with the nurse practitioner. She took history, BP, and temp. Then wait another 20min to meet with the RN so they could take one tube of blood for CBC and a UA. Finally about a total of 4hrs later I was out and heading back home.

So all in all it was a pretty boring day. Did a little bit of work and talked with one of the techs at a job site. So, the highlight was The Price is Right this morning. Don't you just love day time TV?

Ok I think I am going to take a nap and I think we are heading out for dinner or something in a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soooo Grandma was telling my dad you hit her up telling her to look at your blog--Matthew, grandma doesn't know what a blog is!! lol. We put her up on game though =) Anyway, mom & dad say if you drink a little alcohol with that percocet, it makes for a nice little euphoric cocktail...don't ask how we know ;) lol Anyway, maybe me and Rach can come visit you, make you breakfast, and drive you nuts all at the same time--I'll talk to her about it =) Miss you Cuzzo!!!