AddThis Social Bookmark Button Add to Google Reader or Homepage
Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, June 16, 2007

On the *road* to recovery

Well the week is just about over and I can't believe about 2 weeks ago my foot was rotated around my leg by about 90 degrees. Good times... right? I know this has bothered me since that day but I was thinking about it today. Before I broke it I was riding about 4 times a week which worked out to be about 50 or so miles a week. This certainly attributed to my 20+ lbs weight loss over the past month/month and a half. Between biking, eating right, and my acupuncture, I feel great, I have more energy throughout the day, and I look damn good.... well almost.

The good news is I think I have actually continued to lose a little weight. I got on the scale and I've lost 1lb. Now... that is with my crutches (~2 lbs) and my splint (even though it may fell like it weights 10lbs I'm thinking more like 2 or 3lbs) so I may dare to say 5lbs but let's just say 4 to be conservative.

I have been getting a bit of a work out with my crutches. Mom and I went shopping Thursday so I could get some new shorts. I never knew how exhausting it was to try on clothes with ONE leg. I had brought a paper towel to wipe my brow, I was thinking more along the lines of "ahh hell I'll get a mop"

So I really haven't slept in about 3 or 4 days and it's getting annoying. Last night (Thursday night) I got about maybe 3 hours combined sleep. With some really weird dreams. People tell me it is the drugs working out of my system. To top it off we had to get an early jump on the day. Mom had a flight to catch. So in the morning mom came by to pick me up around 9:30 and we went back to her hotel for breakfast. We went to a car rental place and I got me a car. Some may wonder why do I need a car.... well my car has a manual transmission and I don't think I am quite able to clutch yet. Who really knows if I should be driving yet. So I am now on the road to recovery. w00t!

One question that people have asked is how well mom and I got along for the past week or so. I would say things went very well and I really couldn't have gotten through without her help. I told her that the next time she wants to spend a couple weeks at the Four Seasons I have a whole 'nother leg. So... Mom, thank you very much for your help. I don't know if you realize how much I appreciate everything. I love you.

So I've made my follow up appointment for my ankle. I am seeing the doctor on the 26th. At that point I hope he will take some x-rays so I can get a copy, because I'll never be able to get them from the hospital. And he should also put me in a removable boot of sorts so I can shower with both legs in the shower. And I hope I can sleep without the boot soon. Having this weight on my leg is just annoying when I am trying to sleep. Oh, and I should be getting my handicapable pass. Who wants a ride?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I gotta say cuzzo--for actually breaking your ankle--and well, f*ing it up--you're recovering awful fast!!! That's what I like to hear!!